Megh’s VAS Portal provides an easy-to-use dashboard that can be accessed via any browser to manage multiple VAS Suite instances. VAS Portal is an ideal tool for visualization of real-time sensor and camera data, configuring analytics settings, and managing alerts and notifications. As shown below, it can integrate with upstream analytics platforms, including VAS Suite, and serves as a thin middleware providing a common interface for visualization, reporting, and notifications.
A typical deployment configuration for VAS Suite and VAS Portal is shown below. VAS Suite can be deployed on an on-premises edge gateway or hosted in the cloud. VAS Portal can be integrated with VAS Suite on-premises or deployed in the cloud to support multiple sites.
The VAS Suite landing page is shown below, including functions and views for deployed sites. VAS Portal users can set up analytics for each camera, including defining detection zones and thresholds for alerts. VAS Portal provides options for notification of events using email, SMS, and integration with third-party applications.
VAS Portal can also be used to view notification history and search event history.
Below are screen shots for two analytics: loiter detection and PPE compliance.
VAS Portal has a distributed, flexible, and modular architecture to support the functions and deployment scenarios needed to manage VAS Suite instances. Notably:
- VAS Portal is the primary consumer of the analytics data extracted from VAS Suite. It comprises a socket transition layer as its backend and a Web-based visualization layer as its frontend. The socket transition layer is a cluster of microservices that:
- Allow transaction-based handling of user-triggered use-case deployments onto VAS Suite, ensuring integrity of the state
- Maintain configuration information about the deployed use-cases, including alert rules and notifications
- Extract the video stream and analytics metadata per camera feed, apply user configured alert rules onto it, and notify the user about events triggered in real-time
- Store the extracted insights in a time-series fashion, which allows for it to be played back on-demand
- Comprise the notification management service, which supports forwarding information as SMTP messages to monitoring software (such as SureView) and as text messages through messaging platforms (like Twilio), and allows integration with third-party applications like Therms (security incident reporting software) through webhooks
- VAS Portal exposes the functionality supported by its backend services through well-defined REST APIs. These APIs allow easy integration with any upstream third-party visualization and reporting tool or service. The frontend dashboard of VAS Portal communicates with its backend through these REST endpoints.
- Through role-based access, a single VAS Portal instance allows configuring and deploying analytics use-cases across multiple customers spanning many sites. The look and feel of VAS Portal’s dashboard is easily customizable for white labeling by partners.
VAS Portal demo
See a demonstration of VAS Portal’s capabilities for configuring and managing sites.