Applications and Framework Java Engineer
Join us as we enable the third wave of computing in the data center using FPGAs! Megh was founded in 2017 by Intel veterans who pioneered the adoption of FPGAs in Data Center. We’re based in Hillsboro (just outside of Portland), Oregon, and have development offices in Bangalore, India. We offer a fast-paced, exciting work environment with competitive salaries and benefits. Our startup is rapidly maturing: we won the Technology Association of Oregon’s (TAO) 2019 Technology Company of the Year award in their Pre-Revenue category. We have taken the promise of heterogeneous computing with CPU and FPGA platforms from concept to production, delivering a solution that accelerates real-time analytics using FPGA accelerators in the public, private, and edge cloud.
Megh provides a platform for accelerating Real Time Analytics using Spark Streaming and other frameworks. We enable seamless acceleration of applications that process streams with Machine Learning and Deep Learning algorithms, extracting value from data as it is moving. Our solution supports both in-line processing and offloading of ML/DL libraries with FPGAs.
This position is located in Hillsboro, Oregon.
As a Java Engineer contributing to the Applications and the Frameworks team, you will design and develop custom Megh variants to popular frameworks and libraries like FFMPEG, Tensorflow, etc., that map to our accelerated runtime functions. You will be developing and integrating components that are leading edge/pre-release technologies from multiple vendors and OEMs.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Design and implement software components and unit tests in Java.
- Work with software architects to design and implement applications and SW infrastructure:
- With reviews at each stage to ensure integration into the larger system
- With an eye to future maintenance
- With simplicity and clarity
- Follow the pre-defined agile based development processes
- Possibly contribute to Opensource git community.
- Possibly contribute to the organization blog and newsletter
Qualifications and experience
The following qualifications are required:
- BS/MS with 2-4 years relevant experience.
- Degree programs in CS, CE, EE or similar technical field.
- Clear Understanding of Object-Oriented Concepts.
- Extensive development experience in Java.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to define and execute tasks with limited direction.
The following qualifications are highly desirable:
- Experience developing in Linux.
- Experience in functional programming preferably in Scala
- Knowledge of Design Patterns
- Experience in test or validation of developed application
- Knowledge of SPARK, SPARK Streaming, Kafka, Flink
- Experience with Jira and agile development methodologies